Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dance

So this week begins the craziness of all things dance for me. I’ve joined a modern dance company and we have rehearsals every day this week. I love the idea behind this company. It is a multi-age (therefore multi-level) dance company with about 40 members or so. We split off into different rep pieces and create, rehearse and perfect all year for the concert in March. What a great concept for those of us who are not going to win “So You Think You Can Dance” in any lifetime of ours. Yet despite all of our levels and abilities, this company allows us to be creative and share in our passion of dance with one another. I think this will be a fun year for me- my goal is to truly give all I have while I dance and not hold anything back.

At the same time as Rainbow Dance Company, I am also involved in my church dance ministry, Windsong, which meets on Wednesday nights and some weekends. This is another group of ladies with different dance abilities who come together and worship the Lord through dance. A totally different concept than Rainbow, but equally as challenging. We are a pretty dedicated group of woman and we also do a lot of stuff outside of dance.

So, this year will be busy- I have dance classes/rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights as well as at least one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) a month. It’s going to be great. After all, if I wasn’t busy I would just be sitting on the couch watching reruns of CSI interspersed with mind-numbing games of Spider Solitaire on the computer, and would, consequently, be 15 pounds heavier. And, just so you know, I hate to be bored and chunky. So, bring on the dance classes. I am ready.

1 comment:

Harmony Vuycankiat said...

You crack me up! Glad to hear you guys are doing well. :) Love the descriptions of you two! You're so creative!