Friday, August 8, 2008

This is what happens . . .

when a less than nimble plumber is precariously balancing on a wooden beam in my attic while installing a water heater (and not just any ‘ole water heater-- oh no, we have to have a special kind that costs 3x as much as a normal water heater). The guy just lost his balance and says he put his foot through the ceiling-- either he is a LARGE footed man, or a lot more than his foot went through.


I’m so glad that I paid a ton of money for that fine piece of workmanship.

And let me just fill you in on something. I am sort of anal about my house. I don’t like spots, holes, stains, etc. in my home. I sort of pride myself on the fact that I will sit on my hands and knees and scrub out a stain in my carpet until the dang thing comes out. So, yeah, this sort of bothers me. But, I’m going to get over it now. Yep, right now. I’m over it.

2 comments:

Alie James said...

If ever there was a lovely young lady - Andrea is that person. The adventures she will take us on, although perhaps not so ordinary as simply real....

She is an artist, and as an artist, we'll get a glimpse of many beautiful things. I'm excited about being a part of Greener Beginnings from the "beginning".

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I so laughed at this one. Andrea, wait until you have kids...you'll either drive yourself totally crazy (I mean it) or you'll learn to overlook the spots in the house. I too loved a clean house, but decided early on after babies that sanity was better!