Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

It's been such a whirlwind week for me-- lots to do at work. Now that I have baked and decorated a cake, made kefir, cooked and smashed the broccoli, de-cobbed the corn, simmered the rice, made chicken tetrazini (from scratch) and cleaned the kitchen, I am ready for some holiday down time. Ahh, nice deep breaths.

I was going through some old photos this week (for a special present for someone) and I came across some of my favorites. They reminded me of all the people in my life that I have that I am thankful for.

My sweet husband-- lookin' all dapper in his work clothes.




My adventure loving dad-- I hope there are a few more whitewater rafting trips in our future.




My mom- for encouraging me and teaching me (look at the way she is holding my hands still for the photo-- gentle but firm)!




My sister- definitely my best friend-- we dressed like twins during most of our childhood.



My silly baby brother and sister- they sure are cute and funny (even now).



My music making, rock star singing "babies" (really, my niece and nephew-- but, hey, Rhea doesn't mind)



My middle nephew-- he's being a boy right now. He's adorable and animated.



And my new baby niece- ain't she a cutie! I think I'll keep her for myself.

I have two more precious babies in my life-- a niece and nephew of which I don't have current photos for-- hmm, will have to work on that. In the meantime you can visit them here. They are awfully adorable.


And last but not least, Grant's whole extended family- for without them, I wouldn't have my Grant. Plus, they have been wonderful to me over the years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwhhh, thanks, we love you too! Can't imagine our family without you. I told Grant a long time ago that you were the best thing that had happened to him.

Sherri :)