Tuesday, November 11, 2008

THANK A VET TODAY

I hope you remembered to thank a veteran of our great country today.

A HUGE thanks to all the men and women who have served our country. They are the true definition of a hero. May they be blessed ten fold for the sacrifices they have made for all of us.

I have two very special vets in my life.

My brother, Sam.

I am very proud of what you have done for our country. I am very proud of what you have personally accomplished in your life. I remember writing these words to you while you were in boot camp.

You are good
And you’re brave
What a father that you’ll be someday
Make it home
Make it safe
(Lyrics by Mark Schultz “Letters from War”)

Those words are still true.


The other vet is a man I have never actually met-- my grandfather, Papa Phil.
I may not have known him, but he will always hold a special place in my heart. I know that he is in heaven watching all of us down here.


Thank you for your service and for having my dad-- for without you and him, I would not be here today. Just saying.

Love and the most sincerest thanks to you both.

No comments: