Monday, March 30, 2009

Rainbows and Butterflies

The Rainbow dance concert was a success! Wow, thanks to all the many friends and family that came. I even got a comment about how many of my peeps showed up!! You guys rock!

I got so many wonderful comments about the swimming piece! I can honestly say that I was a tad apprehensive about my costume-- halter top bathing suit with shortie short shorts, but once the music came on it didn't phase me. And I know, people think I 'm crazy and way too self conscious, but I cannot help it-- really, I cannot help it! But then, I remembered that there were tons of little girls around and the last thing I wanted to do was set a bad example of negative body image issues. So, I sucked it up (literally), took off the cellulite-hiding tights and embodied a 50's synchronized swimmer cheesing it up for the audience. After all, when will I ever get to wear a polka dot bathing suit, swim cap and bright red lipstick again? Hopefully, I can get a few pictures of the piece up soon.

Sunday was beautiful and I was able to enjoy the sun for a few minutes. My doctor said I was Vitamin D deficient and that I MUST sit out in the sun for at least 15 minutes a day. Hmm, okay doc, if you insist. I can just hear it now . . . "No Grant, the doctor said I must sit outside. I'm sorry, but breakfast/lunch/dinner/laundry/dusting must wait." (I kid, Grant would never interfere with the doctor's orders). So, I sat and I read and I watched butterflies flutter by and I felt the wind and I heard the birds sing. It was a glorious ending to a LONG month.

Thanks again for all your support (dancing, life, etc.)- you all are great! Here's to Spring.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your new banner! I wish I could have gotten outside today, but it was overcast and cool. Hope you have a great rest of the week. See you Saturday.

sarah said...

i'm so glad your concert went well. i can't wait to see some pictures! i love reading your blog. it inspires me to be a little bit greener each day!