Monday, July 20, 2009

By the sea

Here is another quilt that I'm going to put up on Etsy. I purposely made it with more "boy" colors in mind. It's sea inspired with turtles, ships, shells and anchors.

I love the backing on this one. Fun circles that remind me of sea bubbles. This is the first time I've used 100% cotton as the backing instead of flannel. It makes the quilt lighter and more flexible. I don't know what kind of backing I like best yet.
Another free hand meandering pattern.




I just love how the white strips make the patches pop.


Here it is.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Now this one might be my favorite so far. What are you doing....a quilt a day now? How are you cranking them out so fast? They're all so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Girl, you are smokin' hot with these quilts! This one is great!