Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer

I've been lulled by the sweet whisperings of summer. Didn't that sound poetic? But what does this mean you ask--

Basically, what it means is that I've gotten lazy about keeping up with my busy after-work schedule during the summer. I can't help it. I just want to go home after work and do nothing. Just sit and do absolutely nothing. It's quite pitiful really.

I have no desire to dance (and this is after watching and re-watching So You Think You Can Dance- which usually inspires the mess out of me)

I have no desire to workout (it is after all short-wearing and bathing suit season, but still the motivation is lacking)

I have no desire to cook (I had mashed potatoes last night for dinner)

I have no desire to stamp (and I have new stuff to work with every month)

I have no desire to shop (either for food or other stuff- even when there is an incredible deal out there)

I sometimes have a desire to quilt (it just depends on the day)

I just want to sit and do nothing. And I'm enjoying it. I was so busy this past year and it just sort of culminated into this do nothing attitude once June hit. And I'm okay with this new summer approach for now.

Have no fear though, I will be up and at 'em in mid-August when dance starts. But for now, I'll just sit and be still.

2 comments:

Alice said...

I am with you on the do-nothing feeling...it's a blessing and a curse!

Unknown said...

Girl, I feel you on the do-nothingness. I go home and crash after work. I haven't sewn a stitch in weeks. I just bought a 750-piece puzzle, so that's been occupying my evenings. I think it's good to have some down time though, just for balance. We can't always be on the run!