Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Books on Tape

Have you discovered these little jewels? They are awesome. It is such a great way to pass time.

I admit that I am not a huge music lover. I don't know why, but I really do not like anything on the radio and just don't care for most music. But I have to pass the time in my car somehow, so a couple of years ago my library started loaning out books on tape and I was in HEAVEN. I tried to catch up on some of the classics, then fell in love with mysteries, and then lighthearted novels.

Well, in my quest to read Time's 100 Best Novels, I decided that books on tape were allowed. And I'm glad I "allowed" myself to go that route because, let me tell you, I would have spent hours reading Gone With the Wind!! Hours-- 50 + hours according to the book on tape. Instead, every time I sew, I listen to Gone With the Wind and it has served two purposes. I'm not watching mindless, dumb tv and I'm catching up on my list. It has been so much fun to sew and be caught up in the story of Scarlett O'Hara. I can sew for hours without even batting an eye. Really, there is only so much Deadliest Catch and CSI that I can take.

I would recommend listening to books on tape. Listen to one while in your car. Listen to one while working on your hobby. Listen to one while working out. So much better than reruns on tv and, in my case, the radio.

1 comment:

Heather said...

we love audio books!