Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gone With the Wind

Oh my goodness, I'm in love with Rhett Butler. I know he's a rogue and a "scallywag," but my goodness he's got a good heart! This was such a fun book to listen to on tape. It was so easy to follow (I really wasn't sure what to expect). Of course, I hate the ending- another novel with a sad ending, but you can't say that Scarlett didn't deserve all that came to her.

There are some differences between the book and the movie- most noticeably is that Scarlett has two children prior to marrying Rhett- that adds a whole new dimension to Scarlett.

Wow, this 50 + hour book on tape was so worth listening to. I made many a quilt top to this book (and eliminated many hours of mindless tv watching too).

Would highly recommend listening to this on tape. I think reading it would be great, but it would take so looooong to finish.

I heart you Rhett Butler.

No comments: