Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What I Learned Today

We went to the doctor today and everything looks good! Here's what I learned today:

The heartbeat is strong, high heels are not good while pregnant, I'm measuring right where I am supposed to, I am eating plenty of beans and nuts, I should feel the baby move by my next appointment, I need to get moving on booking a birthing method class, I need to eat more colored varieties of fruits and vegetables, I get plenty of exercise, I'm on my last days of being able to squeeze into my slimming black, pre-pregnancy work pants, I need to take Vitamin C to help with the nose bleeds, my blood is, quite literally, sluggish in the morning, my vitamin D level is finally up and at an excellent level, twisting movements are okay while exercising, your doing well if you can do 100 kegal exercises a day, and last but not least- 10 oz. of orange, tangy glucose drink at 7:30 in the morning is not as bad as I had drudged it up to be in my mind!

That's a lot squeezed into a 40 min. appt.

Grant and I have decided not to find out the sex of the baby. Well, poor Grant is dying to know, but being the most considerate husband of all, he is acquiescing to my wishes!

I've had several predictions lately. I myself am in a quandary. I think it's a girl, but when I dream about it it's a boy. I've had two people look at me and say boy. My midwife thinks it's a girl. The Chinese gender prediction calendar says girl.

Well, the good news is it's one or the other.

3 comments:

sarah said...

2008 & 2009 was boy-rich around these parts! i don't know of anyone that has had a girl since 2007! i've heard that women tend to follow the gender pattern that the mother sets. for example, my mom had me, then becky, then jordan. and i did exactly the same. but it's all speculation :) glad you're pregnancy is going well and that you're feeling well! what an enormous blessing!

Anonymous said...

I still think it's a girl, but after your baby bump becomes a little larger it will be easier to tell. I hope Grant can make it through the nine months without imploding. I think it's great that you don't want to know.

Anonymous said...

Woops, I'm the anonymous - Sherri