Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Have I mentioned

anything about the nursery? I don't think so.
So, during the Christmas holidays we painted the nursery two different colors. Three walls are green and one wall is turquoise blue (they are complimentary). Grant actually come up with the color scheme and did a great job. I have some second hand kids furniture that we painted white. I also have my niece's old crib which is honey colored.

Then I just waited for inspiration. I really had no idea what theme we were going to go for. I knew I did not want the kind of room where everything matched down to the lampshades and diaper pail bin. I don't know, I just wanted to be able to pull inspirational things from various sources.

Then it came to me. Owls. They are cute, gender neutral and they are brown. I wanted a touch of brown in the room. So, I ordered some owl fabric for a quilt. Then I went to Target and they had owl sheets (go figure) with the same accent colors as the walls (perfect), so I got those and then they had a great brown bumper with polka dots. I had previously purchased a green crib skirt from my church's garage sale that fit right in. Okay, crib complete.

Well, I had contemplated making curtains, but apparently valences are out, and I would have spent more on the fabric (for longer curtains) then I would to actually purchase a set from Target. So, I got a set of basic brown curtains (on sale) and used some old fabric to create tie ups for them (hard to explain, you'll just have to wait for pictures). Windows complete.

Then I went to Art.com and checked out their owl pictures/posters- so cute and just the right colors, so I got two of them. Oh, and I also purchased a "Dream" wall decal that will go over the crib (part of my monthly Stampin Up purchase), so wall art is complete (I still need to get them framed).

Yay! I can't believe how fast and easy everything came together. I am trying not to be too fussy about this and I think I'm doing all right.

Grant hasn't had much input since picking the paint colors, but he told me the other night that he LOVED how it was coming together. Not too overdone was his words, I believe.

What's left- All we need in the nursery is a glider and ottoman. I'm checking Craigslist daily, but we also are able to get one through Grant's work if we need too.

As soon as I get the pictures on the wall, I will post some pictures.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I can't wait to see the room. I love the colors and the Owl theme. You're like me though (not wanting everything to match). The room is going to be perfect!!! I'm very excited for you. I think this is one of the best things about getting ready for baby (seeing the room come together). :) Praying for the perfect glider and ottoman to pop up on Craigslist. :)