Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Honest Scrap!

Here are the rules:

1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.

2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.

3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.


***

1. The person that gave this award to me was Kellan Vernon! We've known each other for a long time! We both danced together at Providence Baptist Church and attended a ballet class together (many, many years ago)! She's a new mommy to a precious little girl. You should check out her blog (linked to her name)!

2. 10 Honest Things about me:

(i) For the most part I do not care for music. There are very few songs that grab my attention and move me. Very, very strange, I know. I can't listen to the radio while driving because it makes me crazy, so I listen to books on tape instead. I have, however, really enjoyed the Glee soundtrack. One of the first CDs that I actually like (almost) every song on the list.

(ii) I love almost all vegetables and fruit. I grew up eating them and love them to this day. It's hard for me to name a vege or a fruit that I don't like- hmm, not a huge fan of green bell peppers or ripe bananas. That's all I can think of. Ooh, a salad would be so good right now.

(iii) At first, I didn't think I wanted children. Even when I was a kid, it never really crossed my mind. I'm just not a "kid" person per se. But then we had a change of heart! Although, I'm still not comfortable with children not related to me, I love to pieces my nieces and nephews and already adore my own soon-to-be-here child.

(iv) My favorite tv show is So You Think You Can Dance. I am so in awe of what those dancers can do. Sometimes I get inspired and stretch for an extra 20 seconds!

(v) I grew up wanting to be a veterinarian. I am a paralegal. What went wrong?

(vi) I love surprises. I hate when people spoil something for me. I never peek at wrapped presents. I never search for unwrapped gifts. I wait until the last possible moment to "open"/"know" my surprise. Hence, my lack of desire to know the sex of our baby. I know some women count down the days until they get to know what gender their baby is. Strangely enough, I have no such desire at all. I can't wait to be surprised on the day that he or she decides to join our family. (Disclaimer: I totally understand why people want to know though, and I would never judge anyone's decisions!)

(vii) I don't feel like I have a hometown. I also don't feel like I can attach myself to any one label- Southerner or Westerner. I was born in dairy farm country in Texas, grew up in middle class Hawaii, but have lived the majority of my life in North Carolina. I don't feel particularly connected to anyone state. I love them all for different reasons. So don't ask me where I'm from, because you get many answers!

(viii) I never eat in my car. I think it's gross.

(ix) I can only fold clothes on a freshly vacuumed carpet. I don't know why. I don't try to understand why.

(x) I am super excited to cloth diaper my baby. I hope that it is something that the baby likes too, because it sure can save us a lot of money. We bought a new washer/dryer system in 2008 with a sanitary option on it, in preparation for cloth diapering. Can you tell it's been on my mind awhile!


3. I am not going to name 7 bloggers to do this. But, if one of my readers wants to do it, just leave me a comment so I can see what you've got to say!

No comments: