Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Toy

This new toy has been taking up my time lately!

A Brother CS-6000i sewing machine.

I'm so excited to actually own a new sewing machine (that has a LCD screen mind you).  Now, it is by no means the top of the line, but it is faster and has more options than my old one. However, my old one is near and dear to my heart, because I got it when I was 12 years old and it is a solid piece of Singer machinery.  I can't ever let it go.

My tension in the old machine kept getting wonky when I would quilt and I was getting so frustrated with it (who likes to pull stitches), but so far this new one has done a great job of keeping the tension steady.

What was kind of special about this machine is that I bought it with money I earned from selling my quilts on Etsy.  Money well spent. 

So far I've quilted (and sold) a quilt, made a stroller blanket (to be added soon to Etsy) and made a dress for Coraline.  Time and money well spent.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Yay for a new sewing machine! How exciting!