Friday, June 10, 2011

Pinterest

I came across the neatest website the other day- Pinterest.  It's a site that allows you to to save your favorite web ideas to one place where you can then organize and sort them.  The idea is that you "pin" your favorite ideas to different categorized boards (that you create).

I don't know about you, but my favorites folder houses a lot of tutorial links and things that I want to be able to go back to.  It's a bit out of control.  But Pinterest allows me to organize them in a sensible way, see the picture of the item and then click to get back to the original web page.  Awesome.  And you can have as many boards as you like- things for books, recipes, furniture, party ideas, paper crafts, sewing techniques, etc.

You can also follow people whose taste you admire.  The site is also a WONDERFUL search tool for anything you want to find.  Think patterns and tutorials galore!

I've put a little button on the side of my blog (below my Etsy stuff) so you can see my pin boards and get a better idea of what Pinterest is.  It's a little sparse right now but I plan to fill it up in no time!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Cool! I've always used Delicious, but this looks more up my alley. Will have to check it out and hope my "bookmarks" transfer over seamlessly. Thanks!